Perfectly portioned individual lasagnas. This is one of those family friendly recipes everyone in your home will love. A great way to get your kids to eat veggies too.
I have also added to this recipe ground beef, Bolognese sauce is delicious with any pasta and perfectly accompany these lasagnas. Of course, if you want a vegetarian aversion skip the meat and tomato sauce just use based combination of vegetables
Spinach Lasagna Rolls
Servings Size: 1 roll
- 9 lasagna noodles, cooked
- 10 oz frozen chopped spinach, thawed and completely drained
- 15 oz fat free ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup Italian 4- cheese blend grated or Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Pinch teaspoon nutmeg
- Pinch white pepper
- Pinch Salt
- 1/2 pound ground beef (I use organic fat free))
- 32 oz tomato sauce ( I use ragu garden combination)
- 9 tbsp (about 3 oz) part skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350°.
In a skillet cook ground beef until brown, drain the fat. I use organic fat-free
Add the tomato sauce and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Combine spinach, ricotta, parsley, nutmeg, Parmesan, egg, salt and white pepper in a medium bowl. Ladle about 1 cup sauce on the bottom of a 9 x 12 baking dish.
- Place a piece of wax paper on the counter and lay out lasagna noodles. Make sure noodles are dry. Take 1/3 cup of ricotta mixture and spread evenly over noodle. Roll carefully and place seam side down onto the baking dish. Repeat with remaining noodles.
- Ladle beef sauce over the noodles in the baking dish and top each one with 1 tbsp mozzarella cheese. Put foil over baking dish and bake for 40 minutes, or until cheese melts. Makes 9 rolls.
- To serve, ladle a little sauce on the plate and top with lasagna roll.