Spinach Stuffed Chicken Breast
This is a spicier version of spinach stuffed chicken breasts. They are both tender and delicious, and they look good too.
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 45 Minutes
Ready In: 1 Hour
- 1 (10 ounce) package fresh spinach
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup shredded pepperjack cheese
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 20 fresh mushroom
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast
halves – pounded to 1/2 inch thickness
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 8 slices bacon
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Place spinach in a large glass bowl, and heat in the microwave for 3 minutes, stirring every minute or so, or until wilted. Stir in sour cream, pepperjack cheese, and garlic.
- Lay the chicken breasts out on a clean surface, and spoon some of the spinach mixture onto each one. Roll up chicken to enclose the spinach, then wrap each chicken breast with two slices of bacon.
- Secure with toothpicks, and arrange in a shallow baking dish.
- Add fresh mushrooms
- Bake uncovered for 35 minutes in the preheated oven, then increase heat to 500 degrees F (260 degrees C), or use the oven’s broiler to cook for an additional 5 to 10 minutes to brown the bacon.