If you’re looking for a scrumptious dessert that’s a little off the beaten path, then these are for you. They’re the perfect choice for when you want something fruity and sweet, but don’t want something light and unassuming; these pink ladies pack some serious punch and we can’t wait for you to try them out!
Yield: 1 dozen
- 1 box strawberry cake mix
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- white chocolate chips, optional
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 F (186 C) and line a 9-inch square baking dish with parchment paper, leaving a 2-inch overhang on both sides.
- In a large bowl or mixer, beat eggs and canola oil into cake mix until no lumps remain
- .Note: if using chocolate chips, fold them in now.
- Pour batter into lined baking dish and smooth out the top.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out mostly clean.
- Remove brownies from oven and let cool 5 minutes before extracting parchment paper from baking dish and transferring to a wire rack.
- In a medium bowl, whisk milk and vanilla extract into powdered sugar until smooth.
- Note: for a thicker glaze, use less milk; for a thinner glaze, more milk.
- Drizzle glaze over the slightly cooled brownies and let set before cutting into squares and serving.
Recipe adapted from 12tomatoes.com