These are my go to cupcakes!!!! I have tried a few different versions and so far this one worked out the best.
Strawberry Filled Cupcakes
- 80g (4 Tbsp) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 240g (1½ c.) sugar
- 2 egg
- 240g (1½ c.) flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- pinch salt
- 200ml (1 c.) milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 6 Tbsp raspberry jam
- 100g (3/4 c.) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 450g (3 c) icing sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extra
- 2 Tbsp strawberry jam
- red food colouring *optional
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350 F) and line a cupcake or muffin tin with cupcake wrappers.
- Whisk together the butter, sugar and egg until smooth and creamy.
- Fold in the flour, baking powder and salt and then whisk in the milk and vanilla.
- Spoon the mixture into the cupcakes cases, filling each one about ⅔ full.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until risen and golden brown.
- Leave to cool in the tin for 5 minutes before moving to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Heat the strawberry jam in the microwave for 30-40 seconds, whisk till smooth. Leave to cool. Add the jam to a decorating bag with a circular tip. I found my thin long one worked best for me. Insert the tip into the center of the cupcakes and squeeze the bag until a little dot of filling is present on top of the cupcake.
- Whisk together the butter, vanilla, icing sugar, jam and food colouring if wanted, until smooth and creamy.
- Spoon the mixture into a piping bag fitted with a star nozzle and pipe onto the cupcakes.