My sister always talked about how great the Strawberry Lemonade was at the Red Robin restaurants. Well…this is it! The BEST Lemonade you will EVER have!
Join us on Facebook to see our latest recipes!
Almost-Famous Strawberry Lemonade
Copycat Red Robin Strawberry Freckled Lemonade
Total Time: 45 min
Prep: 45 min
Yield: 6 drink
- Zest of 1 lemon, in wide strips
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups chopped hulled strawberries
- 2 cups fresh lemon juice (from about 10 large lemons)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Make the lemon syrup: Bring the lemon zest, 1 1/2 cups sugar and 1 1/2 cups water to a boil in a medium saucepan, stirring, until the sugar dissolves; let cool to room temperature.
- Meanwhile, make the strawberry syrup: Toss the strawberries and the remaining 1/2 cup sugar in a bowl and let sit at room temperature until the sugar dissolves, about 45 minutes. Strain the strawberry mixture; reserve the strawberry syrup and berries separately.
- Make the lemonade: Combine the lemon juice, lemon syrup, salt and 2 cups cold water in a pitcher. For each drink, put about 1 tablespoon of the strawberry syrup in a tall glass. Fill with ice, then top with the lemonade and some of the reserved strawberries.