For all of you who love a refreshing glass of strawberry lemonade, those classic flavors have now found their way into your oven.
These simple cake-mix swirl cookies combine the best of both strawberry and lemon worlds. Simply mix up both cookie batters, and roll together two pieces of dough to form a single dough ball, then have fun watching as they bake up in a cute “swirl” cookie design.
Strawberry Lemonade Cookies
- 1 (15.25 ounce) Betty Crocker Super Moist lemon cake mix
- 1 (15.25 ounce) Betty Crocker Super Moist strawberry cake mix
- 4 eggs
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil (divided)
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 cups powdered sugar (divided)
- 1-2 tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Begin by making the two cake mixes. Pour the lemon cake mix into a large bowl and the strawberry cake mix in another bowl. To each cake mix, add 2 eggs, 1/3 cup vegetable oil, and 1 teaspoon of lemon juice; mix until well blended. Cover and refrigerate each bowl for 20 minutes to firm slightly.
- Remove batters from fridge, and take 2 rounded teaspoons of lemon batter and roll into a ball. Repeat with the strawberry batter. Gently roll the lemon and strawberry dough together to make one large ball.
- Transfer the dough ball into a bowl with 1 cup of powdered sugar, and roll to lightly coat in sugar. Place on a parchment-covered baking sheet at least 2 inches apart. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Bake each batch for 10 minutes, until they turn slightly golden and are cooked through. Transfer to wire rack and let cool completely before serving.
- To make the glaze (optional), whisk together 1 cup powdered sugar with 1-2 tablespoons of milk until combined. Add more milk to thin the glaze if needed. Drizzle with a fork or piping bag onto the cookies once they have reached room temperature.