It’s summertime! Came across this easy and simple strawberry margarita gelatin shot recipe, and let me tell you…
it’s PERFECT for house gatherings and backyard bbq’s. Psst… fourth of July is coming up :) please share and enjoy! Here’s what you’ll need:
– Cut the bottoms of the strawberry flat to get them to stand upright. When you do so, make sure that you do not cut off so much that there is a hole at the bottom.
– Use a huller or apple corer to empty out the strawberry.
– Once the strawberries have been emptied, use a towel to pat the outside of the strawberries dry.
– Check each strawberry and make sure there is not a hole in the bottom before you start filling.
1 box Strawberry Gelatin
4 ounces tequila, preferably reposado or blanco
2 ounce Cointreau
Salt for garnish
– Boil one cup of hot water in a saucepan, then add in gelatin powder and whisk until powder is completely dissolved, about 2 minutes. Set aside. Measure out 1/4 cup of cold water and set aside.
– Combine tequila and Cointreau, in cocktail shaker filled with ice. Add liquour mixture to cold water and stir to combine. Then add cold liquour mixture to hot gelatin mixture and stir to combine.
– Pour final gelatin mix into strawberries and chill overnight. Dip your finger in water or use a moistened brush to wet the edge of the strawberries, dip and rotate the strawberries in salt to rim. Garnish with cut lime triangles to finish.