This three-layer salad includes a pretzel crust, cream cheese center, and strawberry top.
You can always make it a bit healthier, using cream cheese low calorie, stevia instead of sugar, sugar-free gelatin, ligth whipped topping and light butter
Prep 15 m
Cook 10 m
Ready In 2 h
- 1 1/2 cups crushed pretzels
- 4 1/2 tablespoons white sugar
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 2 (6 ounce) package strawberry flavored gelatin
- 4 cups boiling water
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen strawberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Mix together the pretzels, 4 1/2 tablespoons sugar and melted butter. Press into the bottom of a 9×13 inch pan or 9-inch round pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes, or until lightly toasted. Set aside to cool completely.
(DON’T bake the pretzel layer any longer than 10 minutes. )
- In a medium bowl, beat the sugar and cream cheese until smooth.
- Fold in whipped topping. Spread evenly over the cooled crust. Refrigerate until set, about 30 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the gelatin mix and boiling water. Mix in frozen strawberries, and stir until thawed.
- Allows the jello chill to thicken slightly before spreading on the cream cheese layer.
- Pour over cream cheese mixture in pan. Refrigerate until completely chilled, at least 1 hour.