Strawberry Swirl Cheesecake Bars. Baking is something I have always enjoyed. I love to search for new recipes. Actually, I Love to read through cookbooks. A new cookbook would make an awesome gift for me, but no one seems to pay attention to that idea!
Anyway, the other day I needed to make a dessert for a function at church. I was looking for something I had never made before and preferably non-chocolate. I came across this recipe from Taste of Home that sounded yummy and easy enough to make. It is called Strawberry Swirl Cheesecake Bars. I love Cheesecake and I Love Strawberries, so this sounded like a wonderful mix!
This seemed to be a hit. The kids are always complaining that I make things for church and we never have any at home. Since the majority of us did not attend the function at church, I made a batch for home.
This is a recipe that I recommend if you enjoy Cheesecake and Strawberries. The only thing I changed was I added sugar to the strawberries. I did not add a lot of sugar and it really could have used a little more. I used unsweetened frozen strawberries, but probably would just use the sweetened kind the next time.
Strawberry Swirl Cheesecake Bars Recipe
Yield: 2 to 3 dozen bars.
- No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 (10 oz.) pkg. frozen strawberries, thawed ( I recommend adding sugar or use sweetened frozen strawberries)
- 1 tbsp. cornstarch
- 1 3/4 cups finely crushed cinnamon graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup (4 tbsps.) butter, melted
- 2 (8 oz.) pkgs. cream cheese, softened
- 1 (14 oz.) can Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 13 x 9-inch baking pan with no-stick cooking spray.
- Blend strawberries in blender container until smooth. Transfer to saucepan; add cornstarch. Cook and stir until thickened. Cool.
- Combine graham cracker crumbs and butter in small bowl; press firmly into bottom of prepared pan.
- Beat cream cheese until fluffy in large bowl. Gradually beat in sweetened condensed milk until smooth. Add eggs, lemon juice and vanilla; mix well. Pour over crust.
- Drop strawberry mixture by spoonfuls over batter. Gently swirl with knife or spatula.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until center is set. Cool. Chill. Cut into bars.