If you are seeking a refreshing summer recipe, this strawberry tomato salsa is it! It is often served with fish, however, you can also serve it with chicken or pork. It makes a great dip for tortilla chips or serve it as a salad. Either way you serve this Strawberry-Tomato Salsa, offers a new twist on the old standard, with its combination of diced ripe strawberries, baby Roma tomatoes, white onion, lime, and jalapeño pepper. ( optional)
Yield: 3 cups
- 1 pt. strawberries
- 1 c. red grape tomatoes
- ½ c. chopped white onion
- 2 tbsp. finely chopped jalapeño (optional)
- ¼ c. Chopped fresh mint
- 2 tbsp. Chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tsp. grated lime zest
- 1 tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 1 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- salt to taste
- ¼ tsp. fresh-ground black pepper
- Combine strawberries, tomatoes, onion, jalapeño (if you choose), mint, cilantro, and lime zest in a large bowl and set aside.
- Whisk together lime juice, balsamic vinegar, salt, and pepper in a small bowl and pour over the strawberry mixture.
- Toss gently to combine, cover the bowl with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Serve the same day with tortilla chips or also accompany our guacamole sauce recipe