Strawberry Upside Down Cake! Prep time is only about 5 minutes, and then you just have to wait for this luscious cake to bake.
Recipe credit Afewshortcuts
Strawberry Upside Down Cake
Prep time 5 mins
Cook time 50 mins
Total time 55 mins
- 1 (18 ounce) package yellow cake mix, batter prepared as directed on package
- 2 cups crushed strawberries
- 1 package Strawberry Jello (6 oz)
- 3 Cups Mini Marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees F
- Spread crushed strawberries on the bottom of a 13×9 inch baking pan.
- Evenly sprinkle strawberries with the dry jello powder, and top with mini marshmallows.
- Prepare the cake mix by the directions on the box and spread evenly over the marshmallows & strawberries.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 40 to 50 minutes.
- Cool in the pan for 15 minutes. Run a knife around the pan to loosen the sides, and turn the cake out onto a serving tray.
- Store cake in the refrigerator.
Use a gluten free cake mix for a gluten free version. Keep in mind that gluten free cake mixes are typically smaller, so it may take 2.
Use a dairy free cake mix and preparation.
You can make this in a bundt pan. Just adjust the recipe to use only 2 cups of mini marshmallows.