Pizza dough stuffed with your favorite ingredients and dipped in marinara sauce. 24 Pizza Rolls
These can made as an appetizer, lunch, or even dinner for your family in less than 30 minutes. These rolls are a great way to get your kids involved in the kitchen. My kids love to help me make these pizza rolls because they can customize each roll with the ingredients they enjoy and they feel like they have “helped” with dinner. Kids love finger foods, and dunking them in pizza sauce makes dinner that much more fun.
Here’s your lineup: Pizza dough, diced mozzarella, and pepperonis. Feel free to use whatever toppings you want here – chicken, bacon, ham, pineapple, or sausage to name a few. I love olives so I always throw some in his pizza rolls.
- Roll out and cut your dough into 24 squares and place your toppings in the center of each square.
- Bundle all that cheesy deliciousness up in the ball of dough, brush with some melted butter, garlic, and seasonings, and then bake until golden brown. Look at that gooey inside.
Plan ahead: I never know when I am going to need a quick dinner. These pizza rolls freeze beautifully. Just freeze the uncooked balls individually and when you need them, bake the frozen balls until golden brown (may take a couple more minutes).
Stuffed Pizza Rolls
Total Time 30 min
- 1 (13.5) package of Pillsbury classic refrigerated pizza dough
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasonings
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 12 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded or diced (diced is less messy)
- 6 ounces sliced pepperonis, coarsely chopped
- pizza sauce for dipping
- toppings (optional) additional pizza of your choice
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees and lightly spray a baking dish or large pie plate.
- Unroll pizza onto a lightly floured surface and press into a 12
- In a small ramekin stir melted butter, garlic powder, and Italian seasonings together. Brush tops of rolls with melted butter mixture using a pastry brush. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese evenly over rolls.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes or until rolls are golden brown.
- Serve with warm pizza sauce for dipping.
Recipe credits: Tablespoon.com