A complete copycat version you can easily make right at home! And yes, it tastes a million times better (and healthier) than take-out!
Panda Express Sweet Fire Chicken Copycat
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups diced pineapple, fresh or canned
- 1/2 cup Thai sweet chili sauce, or more, to taste
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
For the chicken
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Working one at a time, dredge chicken in flour, dip into eggs, then dredge in flour again, pressing to coat.
- Working in batches, add chicken to the skillet, 3 or 4 at a time, and cook until evenly golden and crispy, about 2 minutes on each side. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add bell pepper and pineapple and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 3-4 minutes. Stir in chicken and Thai sweet chili sauce until well combined, about 1-2 minutes.
- Serve immediately, garnished with green onions.