Sweet and Sour Pork Recipe. Sweet and sour is a generic term that encompasses many styles of sauce, cuisine and cooking methods. It has long been popular in North America and Europe, where it is stereotypically considered a component of standard Chinese cuisine. It does in fact originate from China, and is now also used in some American (also American Chinese) and European cuisines.
Sweet and Sour Pork Recipe
- 2 lbs. boneless pork center loin, diced
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- 1 red pepper cut into pieces
- 1 small white cooking onion cut into slices
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1 1/2 cups pineapple juice
- 4 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 4 tablespoon soy sauce
- 3 1/2 tablespoon brown sugar
1. In wok, heat sesame oil over high heat. Stir-fry garlic, for 3-5 minutes, add red peppers and sliced onions and cook until vegetables are crisp-tender.
2. Add pork and stir-fry for 5 minutes. Add pineapple juice; heat thoroughly.
3. In small bowl stir together cornstarch, vinegar, soy sauce and brown sugar; stir this mixture into wok and cook and stir until mixture comes to a boil.
4. Serve over cooked rice. Add chopped green onions as a final touch.