You Won’t Believe How Much Flavor We Packed Into This Salad…It Just Proves You Can Never Go Wrong With Tacos!
Without taking up too much time or effort after a long day, you can whip up a dinner that everyone will love, that’s full of veggies and protein and spices – plus, you get to add a new recipe to your weekly routine!
- 1 pound 90% ground beef
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and cut into thin strips
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 2/3-1 cup Mexican crema or low-fat sour cream
- 3 tablespoons lime juice, divided
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- sharp cheddar cheese, grated, garnish
- In a small bowl, whisk fresh lime juice into crema and refrigerate 15-20 minutes.
- Brown your beef in a large skillet over medium-high heat and season with salt, pepper, chili powder, cumin and garlic powder.
- Drain off excess oil and remove from heat.
- Combine lettuce, carrots and bell pepper in a large serving bowl and toss together.
- Add browned beef to the mix and drizzle lime crema on the top.
- Garnish with cheddar cheese (optional) and serve immediately.
Recipe credit: 12 tomatoes