Transform taco night with this fun, easy and delicious pasta dish.
Taco-Stuffed Pasta Shells
Prep Time 35
Total Time 55 min
- 8 oz uncooked jumbo pasta shells (about 24 shells from 12-oz box)
- 1 lb lean (at least 80%) ground beef
- 1 package (1 oz) Old El Paso™ taco seasoning mix
- 1 can (14.5 oz) Muir Glen™ organic fire roasted crushed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 package (8 oz) shredded Mexican cheese blend (2 cups)
- 1 cup diced plum (Roma) tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Heat oven to 350°F. Cook and drain pasta shells as directed on box.
- Meanwhile, in 12-inch nonstick skillet, cook beef over medium-high heat 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until thoroughly cooked; drain. Add taco seasoning mix, crushed tomatoes and 1 cup of the shredded cheese; stir well until cheese is melted.
- Fill each pasta shell with about 1 tablespoon beef mixture; place in ungreased 13×9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish. Top filled shells with plum tomatoes and chopped cilantro; sprinkle with remaining 1 cup cheese.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted. Serve warm.
Recipe and image credit www.pillsbury.com