One of the more popular dishes on the menu in Thai restaurants in America but also Thailand. Savory-good with a pleasurable amount of crunch, you’re going to love this classic Thai dish.
This recipe is time-consuming but the result is spot-on perfect.
Thai Cashew Chicken Best Ever!
Minutes to Prepare: 45
Minutes to Cook: 20
Number of Servings: 6
- 1 pound boneless chicken breast, thinly sliced
- 2 Tbl. olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbl. fish sauce
- 2 Tbl. oyster sauce
- 2 Tbl. sugar
- 1 Tbl. cornstarch
- dash black pepper
- 1/2 cup raw cashews, pieces
- 1/4 tsp.dried pepper flakes
- 4 green onions, cut in 2″ slices
- 1/2 to 1 C. water
- To make sauce: Mix fish and oyster sauces, garlic, sugar, pepper, and cornstarch. Marinate chicken in sauce for 30 min. in fridge.
- Heat oil over med. heat in wok. Saute the nuts and dried pepper flakes. Drain and set aside, leaving oil. Increase heat to med. high.
- Add marinated chicken with marinade and water.
- Cook until chicken is done. Add more water as needed for desired consistency. Add peppers, nuts and green onions.
- Mix and cook slightly. Serve over rice.
- Serves 6. You can add more red pepper flakes for more heat if desired.