The Best Crepe Recipe
A good breakfast for weekends and even desserts. Serve rolled up and filled with jam or fruit and whipped cream.
I have tried several recipes looking for the perfect flavor and batter for crepes and have finally found it! This recipe is awesome!
- 2 cups flour
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup water
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 4 Tablespoon butter, melted
- 4 teaspoons sugar if you are making dessert crepes, don’t add if they are for savory crepes.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk flour and eggs. Slowly add milk and water stirring until smooth. (I use my immersion hand blender.) Add salt and butter (and sugar if making dessert crepes) and continue beating until smooth.
- Heat and oil pan to medium high temperature. Pour about ¼ cup of batter into pan and tilt the pan to swirl in a circular motion so that the batter coats the surface evenly. I have a crepe maker that also works great and is super simple to use. Either will work.
- Cook crepe for about 1 to 2 minutes until the bottom is light brown. Loosen with a spatula, and turn crepe over and cook its other side for about 1 minute.
- Serve hot and Fill or top however you desire.
Recipe from: All Recipes