This beauty is from Tell Tale Preserve Company at the San Francisco Ferry Building Farmers Market.
“The Rebel Within” is a savory breakfast muffin with breakfast sausage baked into the mix, plus a full soft-cooked farm egg inside
- 1 C all purpose flour
- 1 t sugar
- 1/2 t baking powder
- 1/2 t salt
- 1/2 t pepper
- 1 C cottage cheese
- 1/4 C sour cream
- 4 T unsalted butter, melted and cool
- 1 large eggs
- 4 soft boiled eggs, peeled (recommend a 5 to 6 minute easy boil)
- 1 scallion, minced
- 1/4 C diced ham
1. Adjust oven rack to middle position and heat oven to 400. Lightly grease a 6-cup muffin tin. We used a tin that makes larger than usual muffins.
2. Whisk flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and pepper together in large bowl. In separate bowl whisk cottage cheese, sour cream, melted butter, eggs, scallions and ham together. Gently fold wet mixture into dry until just combined (do not overmix).
3. Fill muffin tin halfway with batter and then lay the peeled soft-boiled eggs in and cover with remaining batter to cover. Bake until golden brown, about 25 to 35 minutes, rotating the tin halfway through.
4. Let them cool in the tin for about 5 minutes and then remove from the tin and serve.
Only for printing. Please do not copy and paste this recipe in facebook comment. Let people know about this site. Feel free to share your fan page provided you have the link to this page. If you copy and paste this recipe in your website be sure to have a link to this page. Similarly with the images, be sure to have a link to this website. Thank you very much. www.allfood.recipes