Tuna Mornay With Orange and Leek
This has become my favorite tuna mornay recipe. It is slightly fiddly but worth it! Great when the orange tree is covered in fruit. Reduced fat ingredients can be used.
Prep Time: 20 mins
Total Time: 1 hr 5 mins
Recipe credit: food.com
- 3 slices white bread, torn
- 1 tablespoon finely grated orange rind
- 1 cup chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
- 1/2 cup coarsely grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 pound dry macaroni pasta
- 1/4 cup cornflour
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/3 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 leek, ends trimmed, thinly sliced
- 1 pound tuna in water, drained and flaked
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1/4 cup plain flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup natural yoghurt
- 1/2 cup coarsely grated cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 F (180 C).
- Place the bread, orange rind, half the parsley and half the parmesan in a food processor and process until finely chopped.
- Cook the pasta and drain.
- Meanwhile, cook the white sauce by heating the oil in a saucepan. Add the flour and cook, stirring for about a minute. Gradually add the milk, whisking until combined. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until the sauce boils and thickens. Remove from the heat. Stir in yoghurt and cheddar.
- Place cornflour in a jug with stock, wine and orange juice. Stir to combine.
- Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add the leek and cook, stirring occasionally, for 4 minutes. Add the cornflour mixture. Cook, stirring, for 3 minutes until the sauce thickens.
- Add the pasta, white sauce, tuna and remaining parsley. Season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer to a ovenproof dish. Top with the breadcrumb mixture and remaining parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until golden.