This recipe is so good and rich! It is a fav among my husband’s co-workers! They say I can send this to work with him anytime, no special occasion needed!
Prep Time: 30 mins Total Time: 30 mins Servings: 10-12
- 1 (21 ounce) packages chewy fudge brownie mix, baked according to package directions ( 1 egg – 1/4 cup water – 1/3 cup oil)
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 1/3 cups corn syrup
- 2/3 cup butter, melted
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups chopped pecans
- 1 (16 ounce) containers frozen non-dairy topping, thawed
- 1 (12 ounce) jars caramel ice cream topping
- 2 cups toasted whole pecans
- Bake brownies according to package. Let cool and crumble brownies, set aside.
- In a large saucepan, combine sugar, corn syrup, melted butter and eggs. Stir in salt, vanilla and chopped pecans. Bring to a boil over medium heat; reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring frequently. Cool completely.
- In a trifle dish layer brownies, pecan mixture, whipped topping, caramel and toasted whole pecans as desired. Chill for two hours before serving.
- Can also make mini trifles by using small clear dessert dishes to make individual servings.