Everyone loves a good bar dessert. These are absolutely stuffed full of yummy goodness. Caramel and three kinds of chocolate mixed with chocolate cake….these will certainly satisfy your sweet tooth!!!!
Ultimate Turtle Brownies
- 1 box of chocolate cake mix
- 1/3c. oil
- 2 eggs
- 1c. each of white chips, semi-sweet chips, milk chocolate chips and dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 c. margarine or butter
- 32 unwrapped Kraft caramels
- 1 (14oz.) can of sweetened condensed milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9x13pan.
- Combine cake mix, oil and eggs. Blend well and stir in all of the chips (mixture will be very thick).
- Press half of the mixture into bottom of pan (it will press into a very thin layer). Bake for 10 minutes and then remove from oven.
- While this is baking, in a medium saucepan, combine butter, caramels and condensed milk.
- Cook over low/medium heat until melted and smooth (stir constantly!)
- Spread caramel over partially baked cake mixture.
- Top with remaining cake/chip mixture (it will not completely cover, but you can press the mixture flat with your fingers and lay it in small sections over the caramel.)
- Bake an additional 25 to 30 minutes. Remove from oven and cool 20 minutes.
- Run knife around edges. Cool completely before cutting. Makes about 20 bars.