Upside-Down Raspberry with White Chocolate Sauce
Prep Time: 20 mins
Total Time: 1 hrs 20 mins
Yield: 1 cake
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup milk
- 3 cups frozen raspberries
- white sugar, to taste (optional)
For White Chocolate Creme Sauce
- 3/4 Cup Heavy Cream
- 2 Teaspoons Vanilla (use really good vanilla in this)
- 1 Small Pinch of Kosher Salt
- 1 1/4 Cups White Chocolate (chopped to 1/4″ pieces)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a bowl, mix flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In another bowl, cream butter and sugar with an electric mixer. Add eggs and beat until creamy.
- Incorporate gradually dry ingredients to the mixture, alternating with the milk. Mix well.
- Put raspberries in a square pyrex baking pan of 8 inches and sprinkle with sugar. Put the dough on the raspberries and cook in oven 50 to 60 minutes.
- Let cool the cake in the pan. Serve room temperature with whipped cream, vanilla ice cream or White Chocolate Creme Sauce.
White Chocolate Creme Sauce Directions:
- Add cream, vanilla to a medium size sauce pan.
- Turn the heat to medium high and stir occasionally until you start to see tiny bubbles along the edge of the cream. (Do Not Boil)
- Remove the pan from the heat and whisk in the white chocolate pieces.
- Continue whisking until the white chocolate is completely melted.
- Serve immediately or pour into a glass container. Let cool then cover and refrigerate.
- Makes approximately 1 1/2 cups of sauce.