This is a different and delicious lasagna, to start with 3 types of cheeses, a creamy sauce all with layers of chicken and spinach.
It’s a twist to the red, meaty lasagna, it’s so easy to make and like the whole family.
White Cheese Chicken Lasagna
Prep time 25 m
Cook 50 m
Ready In 1 h 15 m
Adapted from Allrecipes.com
- 9 lasagna noodles
- Oliva oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 2 cups cubed, cooked chicken meat
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese for topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
Cook the lasagne according to the instructions on the package
Drain and rinse with cold water.
- In a medium saucepan and over medium heat, place the olive oil and cook the onion for 3 minutes add the garlic and cook 1 minute more, stirring frequently.
Add broth, milk and salt, and mix together, add flour, place over low heat and cook until bubbling (without stopping to stir)
- Add 2 cups mozzarella cheese and 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese.
Add basil, oregano, and ground black pepper. Turn off the heat and set aside
- In a 9×13 baking dish, place spread 1/3 of the sauce mixture in the bottom
Layer with 1/3 of the noodles, the ricotta, and the chicken.
Arrange 1/3 of the noodles over the chicken, and layer with 1/3 of the sauce mixture, spinach, and the remaining 2 cups mozzarella cheese and 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese.
- Arrange remaining noodles over cheese, and spread remaining sauce evenly over noodles. Sprinkle with parsley and 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese.
Bake 35 to 40 minutes in the preheated oven.