These parmesan zucchini quinoa fritters are very simple to make.
And the flavor is excellent – this is most definitely a family friendly, craveable, satisfying dish.
These little zucchini fritters are nothing but crispy, cheesy comfort.
Zucchini Quinoa Fritters
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1/2 cup cannellini beans, rinsed and drained overnight, optional
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs (or seasoned breadcrumbs)
- 2 zucchinis, grated
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large egg, plus 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- olive oil, as needed
- Wrap grated zucchini in paper towels and wring them over the sink to squeeze out excess moisture.
- If beans are not already dry, pat them dry with paper towels, then transfer them to a large bowl and lightly mash them.
- Add zucchini, quinoa, garlic, parmesan, panko and basil to the bowl, and season everything with salt and pepper.
- Add your egg and egg yolk and, using two forks or your hands, mix together until combined.
- Heat 3 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat and let the pan get really hot.
- Form quinoa mixture into 2-3-inch patties, then carefully drop them into the hot oil.Note: only fry a few pancakes at a time so that the pan stays hot.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes per side, or until golden brown, then flip and repeat on other side.
- Continue with remaining fritters.
- Transfer cooked patties to a paper towel-lined plate to drain, then serve immediately as is, or with sour cream or yogurt.
Recipe adapted from: 12 tomatoes