Zucchini and Tomato Casserole Bake. This is a wonderul vegetarian dish that even meat lovers will enjoy. zucchini pre cooked, then finish cooking in a tomato sauce, onions garlic and basil topped with mozzarella cheese. Simple and utterly delicious
Zucchini and Tomato Casserole Bake
Makes: 4 – 6 servings
- 2 large Zucchini Cortados Cut along
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon basil finely chopped
- 2 tomates cut into 8 pieces
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a large pot, boil the courgettes until tender; drain. Meanwhile, in a medium frying pan heat the olive oil over medium heat and saute the onion and garlic until the onion is tender.
- Place half of tomato sauce in baking dish
- Place a layer of onion and garlic, place the Zucchini, the rest of the tomato sauce, basil and top with mozzarella. Place tomatoes cut into 8. Bake 20 minutes or until it is golden