Pizza burger pie may very well be the best comfort food recipe you will ever make. A deep dish pizza bread crust holds this ground beef pizza together. It’s warm and cheesy and packed with Italian flavor.
I feel like when I stumble across a recipe that is one of the best things I have ever made, according to my sons, then I MUST share it! Isn’t that what this site is all about?
This pizza burger pie was hard for me to photograph, and I admit the pictures didn’t turn out the best. But the taste! A HUGE home run for MOM! My family LOVED it!
- 2 cans of pizza dough or your favorite pizza dough recipe you will need two dough rolls.
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce for pizza
For the stuffing
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 teaspoon table salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon dry Italian seasoning
- 3/4 cup tomato paste
- 4 oz sliced canned mushrooms optional
- 2 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 1 sliced tomato
- pepperoni to taste
- 1/2 cooked chopped ham or bacon
- Heat oven to 375°F
- Prepare stuffing and set aside. Make a large hamburger patty (9 inches in diameter and 1 inch high).
- Cook the giant patty in a skillet until cooked but juicy but not dry.
- Spread one of the pizza cups in a greased 9- or 10-inch pie pan to make a crust. Place the hamburger on the crust, top with the cheddar cheese.
- Roll out the second pizza crust and place it on top of the hamburger.
- Top with pizza tomato sauce, mozzarella and pepperoni.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until lightly browned. Sprinkle with bacon. Serve immediately.