Cheesecake Coffee-Toffee Cake, takes two of my weaknesses, coffe, and Cheesecake and rolls them into one amazing dessert and both are given a flavour boost with the addition of Irish Cream.
Cheesecake Coffee-Toffee Cake
- 1/4 cup instant coffee granules or crystals
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- 1 box white cake mix
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pan). Grease bottom and sides of 13×9-inch pan. In small bowl, dissolve coffee granules in boiling water.
- In large bowl, beat cake mix, 1 cup water, the oil, eggs and coffee mixture with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds, then on medium speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally. Pour into the pan .
- 250 g ( 8 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup (75 g) caster (superfine granules) sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon Irish Cream
- Place the cream cheese, sugar, egg yolk and Irish Cream in the bowl of a food processor and process until smooth.
To Assemble Cheesecake toffee cake:
- Place large spoonfuls of the cheesecake mixture on top of the toffee cake mixture and, using a butter knife, swirl to partially combine.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until set (do not over-bake).
Cool completely, about 2 hour.
For Vanilla Sauce (Makes 3/4 cup.)
•1 cup water
•1/2 cup sugar
•1 tablespoon cornstarch
•2 tablespoons butter
•2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Bring water to a boil in a small saucepan. Combine sugar and cornstarch, blend well. Add sugar and cornstarch mixture to boiling water; reduce heat to medium, stirring constantly, and cook until thickened. Remove from heat and add the butter, vanilla, and salt, stirring until butter is melted. Spoon over dessert Enjoy!