This chicken dish is a great example of a meal that isn’t too complicated, but where the fresh ingredients speak for themselves and you end up with a healthy, veggie-filled dinner that you’re proud to serve. With tarragon, garlic and a little white wine, this meal is bursting with flavor and all those green veggies make for a beautiful dish that looks as great as it tastes!
Chicken with Vegetables and Tarragon
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 russet potatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 zucchini, thinly sliced
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup peas
- 1/2 cup lima beans
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup fresh tarragon, minced, plus extra for garnish
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon basil
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Place potatoes in a large pot of salted water and bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Cook for 12-15 minutes, or until just fork tender.
- During the last 3 minutes of cooking, add broccoli and zucchini and cook until bright green and softened. Drain and set aside.
- Heat butter in a large pan or skillet over medium-high heat and add garlic. Sauté for 1-2 minutes, or until fragrant, then add potatoes, broccoli, zucchini, peas and lima beans.
- Season everything generously with salt and pepper, then add tarragon, basil and oregano.
- Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper, then add them to the vegetables. Cook until chicken browns on both sides.
- Stir in white wine and cook for 1 minute, or until all the crispy bits have loosened from the bottom of the pan, then add chicken broth and bring mixture to a boil.
- Continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until chicken is cooked through and sauce has reduced and thickened. Reduce heat to low and stir in heavy cream. Transfer to serving plates and serve hot.
Recipe from: 12tomatoes