Oh my goodness…I was watching TV this weekend and saw a show where they fried everything from Twinkies to Pizza. I had never heard of such a thing and had to try frying a Twinkie for myself. Now, I normally eat pretty healthy, but, my monthly visitor arrived and well, you know how that goes. It tastes a lot like funnel cakes but with that yummy creamy center…try it, but, beware, it is REALLY good.
Credits: Chef Ron
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- 6 Twinkies (put them in the freezer for a couple of hours)
- 4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup of milk
- 2 tsp of red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 cup of flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- Powdered Sugar
- Chocolate syrup for decorating is optional
LET’S GET STARTED:
- Add about 4 cup of vegetable oil to a large saucepan and heat for about 5 minutes over medium high heat.
- While you are waiting for the vegetable oil to heat up…
- Combine milk, oil and vinegar in a small bowl and stir well.
- Combine flour, salt and baking powder in another bowl and stir well.
- Slowly pour and mix dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until fully incorporated.
- Lightly dust each Twinkie with a little bit of flour and then dredge in the batter mixture.
- Add one Twinkie at a time to the hot oil for about 30-45 seconds (or until golden-ish brown).
- Remove from oil and set on a paper towel. Lightly dust with powdered sugar and Chocolate syrup for decorating serve hot.