These quick and easy bread sticks are a wonderful way to get the kids helping in the kitchen. If they can do it so can you. Just a warning… they are also addicting. I can never eat just one.
Easy Bread Sticks
Prep Time 20 Minutes
Cook Time 15 Minutes
- 1-½ cup Warm Water
- 1 Tablespoon Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 Tablespoon Dry Active Yeast
- 3-½ cups Flour
- ½ cups Melted Butter
- 1 teasponn garlic powder
- 1 cup Grated Cheddar Cheese or Parmesan Cheese (Or You can use any type of cheese you prefer.)
- Italian spices Or Seasoning Of Choice
- Mix together warm water, sugar, salt and yeast. Allow yeast to activate (about 10 minutes). Add flour and stir in with a fork until dough holds together. Turn out onto floured board.
- Knead lightly into a ball. Divide into 32 equal portions. On floured board, roll out into bread sticks.
- Mix the melted butter with garlic powder
- Dip into melted butter/garlic and then into Cheddar or Parmesan cheese. Place onto greased cookie sheet (16 per bakers half sheet.)
- Sprinkle with Italian spices Or Seasoning Of Choice
- Preheat oven to 400 F degrees. This gives the bread sticks about 10 minutes to begin to rise. Cook at 400 F degrees for 15 minutes.
- May be made in the morning and kept in the refrigerator unbaked. Remove from the refrigerator about 30 – 45 minutes (depending on how warm your house is) before baking.