A fun change from fried eggs, this hearty breakfast dish is ready to bake in 15 minutes.
- 3/4 up shredded Cheddar cheese (3 oz)
- 2 cups refrigerated shredded hash-brown potatoes (from 20-oz bag)
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions (4 medium)
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1/8 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Heat oven to 400ºF. Spray 2 (2-cup) ovenproof bowls or ramekins with cooking spray. Reserve 2 tablespoons of the cheese for topping. In medium bowl, mix remaining cheese, the potatoes, onions, 1/4 teaspoon of the seasoned salt and the pepper. Press mixture in bottom and up side of each bowl, leaving indentation in center.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown and crisp. Remove from oven. Break egg into center of each cup. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt, the Italian seasoning and reserved 2 tablespoons cheese.
- Return to oven; bake 8 to 12 minutes longer or until eggs are set and of desired doneness.