Mountain Dew Cupcakes With Frosting
For James’s school party I made these Mountain Dew Cupcakes and they were such a hit I had to make them for the pool party we did also. These was a pretty simple recipe and the color was such a great pop and tasted pretty yummy also!
- Prep Time: 40 mins
- Total Time: 57 mins
- Servings: 24
- 1 (18 ounce) boxes lemon cake mix
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) boxes lemon pudding mix
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups Mountain Dew soda
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 -5 drops yellow food coloring
- 4 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1 cup salted butter ( room temp)
- 1/8 cup Mountain Dew soda
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 tablespoon lime juice
- 3 -5 drops neon green food coloring
- Mix cake mix, pudding and eggs well.
- Add in your oil to the batter and mix for 2 minutes.
- Slowly pour in your mountain dew soda and mix for another minute.
- Add to cupcake liners and bake at 350 degrees F for 13-17 minutes (or until toothpick inserted comes out clean).
- Allow time to cool before frosting.
- To make frosting, beat your butter well till smooth, slowly add in 1 cup at a time of confectioners sugar and your lemon juice & mountain dew.
- Add all of your sugar and check for thickness of the frosting. If it is too thick add a teaspoon at a time of mountain dew till you reach the correct consistency to pipe or frost your cupcakes.