Oh my, don’t these look pretty much amazing? These Salted Pretzel Caramel Brownies will please both your sweet tooth and your salty craving.
- Start with a box of Betty Crocker Fudge Brownies.
- Prepare the brownie batter according to package instructions. Pour about 1/3 of the batter into the bottom of a 9×13-inch baking pan that has been lined with parchment paper or greased with cooking spray. Spread the batter so that it forms an even layer to coat the bottom of the pan.
- Then comes the fun pretzel part! Lay the pretzels down in an even layer on top of the brownie batter, then add a second even layer.
- Spoon the rest of the brownie batter on top of the pretzel layer. I found it worked best to spoon the batter on in small clumps. Then bake the brownies in the oven at 350 for about 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Once the brownies are out, spoon some caramel sauce onto the top of the brownies.
- And smooth it out to form an even layer.
- Sprinkle with some coarse sea salt. And then once the brownies have cooled, lift them out of the pan if you used parchment paper for easy cutting. (Or you can cut them in the pan.)
- Cut them into individual bars, and watch that ooey gooey caramel mix with those salty pretzels and chocolate.
- Sweet and salty HEAVEN!
Salted Pretzel Caramel Brownies
- 1 box Betty Crocker fudge brownies (for a 9×13 pan)
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup water
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 cups pretzels
- 1 jar caramel sauce
- coarse sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 9×13-inch baking pan with parchment paper, or grease with cooking spray.
- Prepare brownie batter according to package instructions.
- Pour about 1/3 of the brownie batter into the prepared baking pan. Spread until the bottom of the pan is evenly coated. Then add two even layers of pretzels, covering the entire surface. Carefully spoon the remaining brownie batter on top to cover the pretzels.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of the brownies comes out clean. Remove and set on a cooling rack to cool.
- Spoon the caramel sauce onto the top of the brownies in an even layer. (If it is too thick, spoon the sauce into a small bowl first and microwave for 30 seconds to thin.) Sprinkle the caramel with a few pinches of sea salt.
- Serve warm, or let cool to room temperature then serve.