Spicy Roasted Chicken Legs. Chicken legs are a staple in my menus. I mean, hello – they are cheap! And, I’m all about some frugal eats! I can buy a ton of them for next to nothing.
When I do it up chicken leg style, this recipe is my all-time go-to method to cook them. These are what you call finger lickin’ good.
Obviously – we’re going to start off with some chicken legs… You need about 24 whole chicken legs, butter, lemons pepper, garlic. Ok
So we begin the recipe , they really are also good and easy to make you love to do this all the time.
Prep Time: 50 min
Cook Time: 35 min
Serves: 8 to 10 servings
- 2 sticks butter
- Juice of 2 to 3 lemons
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 24 whole chicken legs
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Line baking sheets with foil.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan. Add the lemon juice, salt, black pepper, cayenne and garlic, and stir. Set aside.
- Rinse and pat the chicken legs dry. With metal tongs, dip them one by one into the butter mixture and place on the prepared baking sheets.
- Once all of the chicken legs are coated and on the baking sheet, take a pastry brush and give them one last coating of the butter mixture.
- Place them into the oven for 30 to 35 minutes, basting a couple of times during roasting. If they need a bit more color, turn on the broiler for a couple minutes and watch them closely.
- Remove them when they are nice and golden brown and fully cooked.