Delicious chicken meatballs flavored with a touch of Tabasco !!! Immersed in a delicious tomato sauce with red peppers !!
Meatballs are cooked in the oven first and then cooking them in sauce, all the flavors blend together. delicious aroma fills your kitchen, give it a try, believe me, you’ll love this recipe
Tabasco Chicken Meatballs With Tomato Bell Pepper Sauce
- 2 pounds ground chicken
- 2 tablespoons Tabasco Original Red Sauce
- 3-4 green onions, diced
- 6 tablespoons Parmesan Cheese, grated
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
Tomato Bell Pepper Sauce
- 1 (28 oz.) can whole, peeled tomatoes
- 2 red bell peppers, seeds removed and finely chopped
- 1 white onion finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Gently mix all of the ingredients in a medium bowl, making sure to not overwork.
Shape into 1- inch balls and place on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet or Dutch oven over medium-high heat and add bell peppers and onion. Season generously with salt and pepper.
- Cook peppers and onion for 7-9 minutes, or until softened. Add garlic and cook for another 1-2 minutes, or until fragrant.
- Pour in tomatoes and stir in tomato paste and season with Italian seasoning.
- Transfer meatballs to tomato and bell pepper sauce.
- Cover, reduce heat to medium and cook for 12-20 minutes.
Serve with sauce and spaghetti, if desired.