You can use any type of jam or fruit sauce on top. On one half, I used some leftover-from-the-summer raspberry jam I fished out from the fridge. And while I was rooting around in there, I found some of my strawberry sauce!!. I’m no good at marbling, swirling, whatever it is, so I just covered one side with the sauce. And I think I preferred it that way. More strawberry sauce is always good!
- 1 box(es) (17.6 oz) Brownies mix
- 2 bricks (8 oz each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup(s) sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) almond extract
Garnish: raspberry jam or strawberry jam and strawberry sauce
- Heat oven to 350°F. Coat an 8-in. spring form pan with nonstick spray
- Prepare brownie mix as package directs for brownies. Spread evenly in prepared pan
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes until a wooden pick inserted 2 in. from sides comes out with moist crumbs attached. Cool in pan on a wire rack 15 minutes
- Meanwhile, beat cream cheese and sugar in a large bowl with mixer on medium speed until smooth. Reduce speed to low; beat in eggs, one at a time, just until blended. Stir in extracts until well blended. Pour over brownie layer; spread evenly
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes until edge of cheesecake puffs slightly and center still jiggles slightly when shaken. Cool in pan on a wire rack. Run a knife carefully around edges to release cake from sides of pan.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours.
- About 30 minutes before serving: Remove pan sides and transfer cake to a serving plate.
- On top raspberry jam or strawberry jam and strawberry sauce