This came out great, if I do say so myself (which I do). I based this on a recipe I had seen a long time ago, I don’t remember where. And to be honest, I’m not sure what I left out, and what I added from the original. But I loved the result.
Chips Beef Casserole
- 1 (family size) bag chips, any flavor
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 – 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 can cream of chicken or mushroom soup
- 2 cups shredded cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place salsa in a strainer to drain while preparing beef.
In a large skillet brown the ground beef with onion and garlic. Drain any grease.
Add chili powder . Stir and remove from heat.
In a large bowl, combine drained salsa, sour cream, soup and 1 cup of cheese. Add in beef and stir well.
- Place a layer of slightly crushed chips in the bottom of a greased 2 quart, 9×9 inch or 8×8 inch casserole dish. Add half of the ground beef mixture
- Repeat layers. Finally top with an additional 1 to 1 1⁄2 cups chips and remaining cheese.
To prevent the cheese from sticking foil, spray the foil with cooking spray and cover the pan
- Cook covered with foil for 25 minutes, then uncover and cook for 15 minutes more or just until hot and bubbly around the edges.
- This casserole is great served with Flour Tortillas on the side.