Churro Cheesecake Bars is: Not too sweet, loaded with cream cheese, and with just enough cinnamon sugar to make each bite churro-ified, that tiny bite left me wanting needing more.
Note: I use half the ingredients for a mold 8×8, yield 9 bars
- 2 pkgs refrigerated crescent rolls
- 2 pkgs (8oz each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 2 Tbsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9X13 baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine 1/2 cup sugar and 2 Tbsp cinnamon, set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl beat cream cheese until smooth. Add in egg, 1/2 cup sugar, and vanilla. Beat until smooth and creamy.
- Sprinkle half of the cinnamon sugar mixture in to the bottom of the greased pan.
- Open one can of crescent rolls and lay out flat. Use your fingers to pinch and press the seams together so it is a solid rectangle of dough. Lay on top of cinnamon sugar mix on bottom of pan.
- Pour and spread the cream cheese mixture over crescent dough.
- Open second can of crescent rolls and lay out flat. Again, pinch together the seams. Lay on top of cream cheese filling.
- Sprinkle remaining cinnamon sugar mixture on top of dough.
- Bake for 30 minutes until edges are golden brown.
- Let cool and serve with a smile.
- Store leftovers in the fridge.