Corn bread filled cheese
For some reason these days go watch the whim of a recipe of South America,
In Paraguay there is a typical dish called “Sopa Paraguaya” is made with
Eggs, milk, freshly ground black pepper, Cornmeal, caramelized onion and cheese, Sal … mmm Please cheesy ….
I have not found exactly the cornmeal that is used there, so I wanted to try corn bread mix … and cheese …. I know that is not what actually expected since the corn bread mix brings sugar, but made the attempt and turned just something fun and tasty recipe … “Sopa Paraguaya“, will be for another time …
What you’ll need:
- 1 box of Cornbread
- 8 Sliced American cheese (comes individually wrapped)
- Mix up yer Cornbread batter according to the box directions
- Layer half of the batter in your baking dish
- Add 2 layer of cheese slices
- Pour the other half of the batter over the cheese and bake until golden!