Easy Orange Cake
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 tbsp. grated orange rind
- 2 1/2 cups cake flour
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 2 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 4 eggs, separated
- 1/2 cup sugar
Optional garnish: Whipping cream and orange zest
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease and flour a 13 x 9 inch rectangle pan.
- Beat sugar, butter and orange rind at medium speed.
- In a medium bowl sift together cake flour, baking soda, baking powder.
- Add orange juice and salt and mix.
- Add cold water.
- Add mixture to your sugar/butter mixture.
- Beat egg whites until frothy and gradually add 1/2 cup sugar.
- Fold egg whites into batter and pour into greased and floured pan.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until a fork comes out clean.
- Let cool slightly and serve with whipping cream.