Do you like strawberry shortcake? Yes, then you’re going to love this “Italianized” version made with creamy, mascarpone cheese.
- 24 lady fingers
- ½ cup orange juice
- 3 cups strawberries, sliced
- 1/4 cup water
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 cup mascarpone
- Prepare strawberry sauce, by heating 1 cup sliced strawberries over medium heat with 1/4 cup of water.
- When mixture begins to boil, add 1/4 cup sugar and let simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Take off heat and use a food processor to blend to a liquid. Set strawberry sauce aside.
- Whip the cream together with the sugar till you have soft peaks.
- Mix the cream together with the mascarpone until you have a smooth mixture.
- Mix the orange juice with the strawberry sauce and dip the ladyfingers in the mixture.
- Make a layer of the ladyfingers in the bottom of a serving bowl and add a layer of the mascarpone/cream
- mixture, repeat ladyfingers and mascarpone mixture.
- Leave to stand in the fridge for 2-4 hours before putting on the last layer of strawberries and serve