Homemade macaroni and cheese has never been easier! Your family will love the rich flavor loaded with real cheese and baked right in your oven.
Homemade macaroni and cheese dinner topped with brown toasted cheesy crust!!!!!!
Total Time 50 min
- 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni (7 ounces)
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups shredded or cubed Cheddar cheese (8 ounces)
- 3/4 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- Heat oven to 350ºF.
- Cook macaroni as directed on package.
- While macaroni is cooking, melt butter in 3-quart saucepan over low heat. Stir in flour, salt, pepper, mustard and Worcestershire sauce. Cook over medium low heat, stirring constantly, until mixture is smooth and bubbly; remove from heat. Stir in milk. Heat to boiling, stirring constanly. Boil and stir 1 minute. Stir in cheese. Cook, stirring occasionally, until cheese is melted.
- Drain macaroni. Gently stir macaroni into cheese sauce. Pour into ungreased 2-quart casserole.
In a small bowl, combine parmesan cheese, panko bread crumbs, melted butter. Sprinkle over the macaroni and cheese. Bake in a preheated oven for 15 minutes or until topping is crispy and golden. Serve immediately.