While this is not the typical Hawaiian salad, made with macaroni, This is a flavorful salad, adding pineapple, roasted red peppers and pasta. All this accompanied by a delicious dressing !!
Hawaiian Pasta Salad
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 8 mins
Total time: 18 mins
- 8 oz your favorite pasta, I chose colored Farfalle (bow tie pasta)
- 1/2 cup pineapple cut into small cubes (fresh or canned, drained if using canned, but do not throw the juice used to the dressing)
- 1/4 roasted sweet red peppers, diced (I bought some very good in the dollar store)
- 2 cups diced ham
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ unflavored greek yogurt (plain)
- 1 tablespoon honey barbecue sauce
- ⅓ cup pineapple juice
First cook pasta according to package directions. Do not forget to add a pinch of salt to the water!
Drain and cool under cold water. The pasta must be cold
Now Mix all dressing ingredients, the mixture must be soft.
Taste the sauce and correct the salt or if you want to add freshly ground pepper.
Combine all ingredients in a large bowl, gently toss with dressing.
Important is refrigerate
2 hours before serving.
This salad can be stored in Tupperware for 3 or 4 days in the refrigerator