Ideal to accompany any soup, lentil, onion, vegetable .. or just when I have an attack of hunger me like 2 or 3 … ok really are a few more … anyway, are easy and can be stored for days, I’ve also enjoyed with cream cheese or sour cream …
- ¼ cup olive oil (60ml)
- 2 gloves of garlic
- ½ baguette, thinly sliced (you should be able to yield 20 slices)
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Parmigiano Reggiano cheese (Parmesan cheese)
- Preheat the oven to 200oC.
- Using a blender/ food processor/ immersion blender, blend the oil and garlic until smooth. It is okay if you still have tiny bits of garlic in the mixture.
- Slice the baguette into thin slices (about 1cm thick) and place them on a baking tray. Using a pastry brush, brush one side (top side) of the sliced baguette with the garlic oil and sprinkle with black pepper.
- Using a Microplane grater or any fine grater, grate the Parmesan cheese on top of the sliced (and oiled) baguette. Be as generous as you like with the amount.
- Put the tray in the oven and bake the toasts for 15-20 minutes or until they are golden brown and crisp. Serve warm.