Loaded Mashed Potato Casserole
Mashed Potatoes are my favorite way to eat potatoes. I love how creamy, flavorful and tasty they are.
This casserole takes mashed potatoes to a whole new level.
These poatoes are LOADED with bacon, cheese, sour cream and a variety of seasonings to really jazz up plain old mashed potatoes and make them something extraordinary.
- 4 pounds russet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 10-12 slices bacon, cooked, drained and crumbled
- 1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, divided
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup milk or half-and-half
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Place potatoes in a large pot and cover with 1-2 inches of cold water. Bring up to a boil, then reduce heat and cook for 20 minutes, or until fork tender.
- Remove pot from heat, drain potatoes and return to empty pot. Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Using a potato masher, smash potatoes to desired consistency and season with onion powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Mix in cream cheese, sour cream, milk, parmesan cheese, butter and 1 cup cheddar cheese, then transfer to a 9×13-inch baking dish (or smaller ramekins for individual mash casseroles).
- Sprinkle bacon and remaining cheddar cheese over the top and place in oven; bake for 15-20 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Remove from oven and let cool 5 minutes before serving.