If you’re looking for a unique way to enjoy broccoli, check out these yummy and kid-friendly broccoli tots! Serve them as a healthy homemade snack or side dish! You can form them into a “tot” shape, or simply bake them in a mini muffin pan. The Parmesan cheese and breadcrumbs add lots of flavor and the texture is perfectly crispy around the outside.
Homemade Baked Broccoli Tots
Adapted from GimmeDelicious.com
PREP TIME 15 mins
COOK TIME 20 mins
TOTAL TIME 35 mins
Serves: 44 tots
- 1 bag baby broccoli florets frozen (24 oz)
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup chopped chives
- ⅓ cup cheddar cheese
- ⅓ cup panko breadcrumbs
- ⅓ cup italian breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons parsley ( or cilantro, rosemary,
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Grease a baking sheet with a thin layer of oil or line with parchment paper and set aside.
- Chop broccoli finely and mix throughly with the egg, chives, cheddar, breadcrumbs, and seasoning. Scoop about 1.5 tablespoons of mix using a ice-cream scoop or your hands and gently press between your hands into a firm ball then shape into a tater-tot shape. It helps to wash your hands after every few tots to keep them from sticking onto your hands. Next, Place on your prepared baking sheet.
- Bake until golden brown and crispy, 18-24 minutes, turning half way. Remove from the oven and enjoy hot with ketchup, sriracha, ranch dressing, or your favorite dipping sauce!