This is my mom’s recipe for a baked ham. It’s one of my favorite things to eat during the holidays, and now that I have the recipe, it might be showing up more often for dinner.
It’ll take a while to make (count on at least three hours of cook time), but it’s very easy once you’ve got the prep work out of the way!
Old Fashioned Pineapple-Glazed Ham
- 1 spiral-sliced half ham, trimmed of fat
- 1 (20 oz.) can pineapple slices, juices reserved
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1/2 tablespoon flour
- maraschino cherries, optional
- Preheat oven to 350º F and place ham on its side in roasting dish.
- Pour 1/4 cup pineapple juice over ham and bake according to packaging directions. About 20-25 minutes per pound. Remove from oven 30 minutes before it’s finished cooking
- In a medium bowl, combine brown sugar, mustard and flour and mix together.
- Add in just enough of remaining pineapple juice to make a thick glaze.
- Pour glaze mixture all over ham, then carefully place pineapple slices, with corresponding maraschino cherries, on top and secure with toothpicks or skewers.
- Return to oven and bake for another 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let rest 10 minutes, then carve, serve and enjoy!