This fresh salsa is essential for dipping chips in. The lively combination of tomatoes, onion, and cilantro also enhances everything from grilled chicken to quesadillas
Game plan: The salsa will last up to 5 days refrigerated in a covered container..
- 3/4 cup white onion, minced (about 1/2 medium onion)
- 1 1/2 cups plum tomatoes, seeded and finely chopped (about 4 large tomatoes)
- 1 tablespoon serrano chiles, stemmed, seeded, and minced (about 2 medium chiles)
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice (from 1 small lime)