Smoked Salmon Fettuccine Alfredo
The most obvious thing to do with a Smoked Sockeye Salmon is to eat it with cream cheese on crackers as a snack or appetizer – which is great if you just can’t wait, but it also makes a flavorful feature ingredient in a main course. Combining Smoked Salmon with creamy Alfredo sauce over pasta puts a Canadian twist on a traditional Italian favorite, and gives you a main meal for two in about the time it takes to cook pasta.
- 12 oz. Fettuccine, uncooked
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 1 large clove garlic, pressed
- 1 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup non-fat sour cream
- 1 tbsp. chopped fresh dill
- 8 oz. smoked salmon, cut into small pieces
- Melt butter in a saucepan over low heat. Add garlic; cook half minute. Add flour, stirring constantly. Gradually stir in milk; cook, stirring constantly, until thickened. Add Parmesan cheese and sour cream; cook and stir until cheese melts. Stir in dill. Set aside and keep warm.
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions; drain. Place in a large bowl; add salmon and sauce. Toss well. Serve immediately.